The borough is home to over 250,000 people, and this number is projected to grow to 285,000 by 2024. It’s a location where the diversity and dynamism of urban living sits alongside miles of river, canals, nature reserves and open spaces.
With eight London Underground stations in the borough we have excellent transport links both into and out of London. The A4 and M4 both run through the borough, and our close proximity to Heathrow means we are also connected internationally.
The Council has set itself a number of key outcomes to deliver on behalf of the community.
We want Hounslow to be a place where:
- Residents are at the heart of what the council does
- People live in good homes and pleasant neighbourhoods
- People feel proud to live and work
- Businesses flourish and local people enjoy good quality local jobs
- Children reach their potential
- People are safe
- Residents are healthy, active and socially connected
- Residents receive the right help and support
The current political structure of the council is as follows:
- Labour: 50 seats
- Conservative: 9 seats
- Independent: 1 seat
Our 60 councillors represent twenty wards in total. And our Cabinet is made up of ten councillors.
The council is split into three main departments:
- Chief Executive’s Department (where these roles sit)
- Children, Housing and Adults Service
- Finance & Corporate Services
And the council’s corporate management team is made up of the following individuals:
- Chief Executive
- Assistant Chief Executive
- Executive Director of Children’s and Adults’ Services
- Executive Director of Environment, Culture and Customer Services
- Executive Director of Finance & Resources
- Executive Director of Housing, Planning & Communities
- Director of Commissioning
Download our corporate plan.